Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- To follow all specified procedures to satisfactorily perform routine Accounts Payable tasks, including processing purchase orders; preparing documentation of checks for signature; handling and tracking invoices; maintaining and updating contract files; handling and tracking expense reports and travel advances; preparing bi-weekly check runs; generating outstanding checklists; balancing statements, and maintaining the vendor master.
- To respond in a professional and timely manner to vendor and departmental inquiries regarding the payment status of invoices.
- To follow all specified procedures to accurately prepare month-end Accounts Payable accruals and the reversal for the following month.
- To follow all specified procedures to accurately produce annual 1099’s.
- To prepare analytical reports and forecasts, as requested.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle checks and cash.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as required
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- AA degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience required.
- One year minimum experience in basic accounting functions.
- Must know ten-key by touch, and be familiar with routine office procedures.
- Must be computer literate.
- Hotel experience preferred.