AM/PM Busser-Food Runner-Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
To work within the framework of the Food and Beverage service team. To assist servers in providing our guests with prompt and efficient dining experience in a personable, courteous and professional manner. Impeccable grooming standards are essential.
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests' dining experience.
- Will assist servers with general service; will assist with removal of completed courses from the table.
- Will be able to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- After guests have been seated, will provide water service to the table. Will replenish throughout service.
- Will set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room. Will restock stations throughout service.
- Will clear and reset dirty tables as quickly and quietly as possible after guests depart. Including breakfast table set-up and making sure things are placed to perfection.
- Will break down bus trays at dishwashing station; will assist dishwashers when needed.
- Will perform post service duties in kitchen and dining room in a generally expedient manner.
- Must know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as Food Runner as dictated by the schedule.
- Will assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Will work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including Heimlich maneuver, CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights, move quickly, and remain
on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Must be keen with an attention to detail, i.e. mentally able to retain service orders and perform service standards.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company guidelines.
- Previous dining experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
County Legal Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Food and Beverage Office.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.