AM/PM Server - Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm, friendly and sincere manner. Insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Complete knowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- At the end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatware was polished and roll-ups completed for next service period.
- Check out service staff’s closing paperwork: check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriate information is filled out and signatures are obtained.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
- Total knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, and potential substitutions is expected
- Fluent beverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbal presentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
- Ensure all levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeable presentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
- Communicate consistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
- Complete all side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
- Ensure complete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
- Close all guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
- Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close out per established procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
- Follow established gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders correctly and executed with care and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Ability to service a five-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- Strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor immediately, delays will not be tolerated.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
Education High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
3-5 years of prior dining service experience in restaurant operations required. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.