AM Server-Hotel Valley Ho
Thisposition contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within theframework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm,friendly and sincere manner. Insureguests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Serve food to guests in apersonable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
Note: the following duties andresponsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Completeknowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette andadhere to these standards.
- Atthe end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatwarewas polished and roll-ups completed for next service period.
- Checkout service staff’s closing paperwork:check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriateinformation is filled out and signatures are obtained.
- Attendall scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplementaltraining sessions.
- Beaware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regardingconsumption.
- Befamiliar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
- Totalknowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, andpotential substitutions is expected
- Fluentbeverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbalpresentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
- Ensureall levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeablepresentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
- Communicateconsistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
- Completeall side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
- Ensurecomplete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
- Closeall guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
- Obtainservice report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close outper established procedures.
- Responsibleand accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
- Followestablished gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
- Maintaina positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enablesgetting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Performany other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the followingknowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate thathe/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or withoutreasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Dueto constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance andmust adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the EmployeeHandbook.
- Mustbe extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders correctly and executedwith care and attention to detail.
- Abilityto maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress workenvironment.
- Abilityto service a five-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- Strongworking knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processingprocedures for dining room service.
- Abilityto lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Goodcommunication essential. Relay guestcomplaints and comments to supervisor immediately, delays will not be tolerated.
- Abilityto listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasantpersonality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questionsand service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork withfellow employees.
- Abilityto identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintaingood safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promoteexcellent guest relations.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
3-5 years of prior dining service experience in restaurant operations required. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.