Area Director of Revenue- Hotel Valley Ho
The Area Director of Revenue is responsible for the strategic direction of setting all rates of both properties in order to meet our annual room revenue goals. This role is critical to the financial success of both properties and as such the person who fills this role will be self-motivated, impeccably organized and very confident in their own abilities to perform.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Maintain rates, inventory, and content through the PMS, GDS, and Wholesale/OTA distribution channels ensuring maximum exposure and revenue opportunities.
- Yield manage occupancy and ADR both short term and long term identifying distressed periods and initiating recovery and contingency plans.
- Analyze market segments (e.g. group business, business travel, leisure travel, wholesale, etc.), market conditions, demand, denials, and booking pace.
- Create and implement programs to achieve greater profitability ultimately increasing average rate and improving RevPAR during peak and non-peak periods.
- Manage aspects of competitor intelligence inclusive of pricing, promotions, and channels using STR, Rate 360 and other available reports and sources.
- Facilitate weekly revenue strategy meetings with key operational management to review and discuss demand patterns, market trends, competitive pricing and forecast.
- Accurately prepare bi-monthly forecast for transient segment and develop strategic action plans for the management of transient revenues.
- Prepare and distribute various managerial reports.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget to develop the transient room segment.
- Streamline the revenue management process through research of industry trends, tools, and technology.
- Effectively resolve staff workplace issues through problem resolution.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, including terminations.
- Maintain quality training programs for Reservations & Front of House staff on key areas of revenue and yield management and enforce company policies throughout the department.
- Effectively coach and counsel (when appropriate) providing continued staff development.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the General Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must maintain highest ethical standards - possessing integrity, honesty, and care.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress work environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Maintain a professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict quickly and professionally.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/staff.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.