Area Reservations Specialist - Mountain Shadows
Mountain Shadows is an icon of luxury and design located in Paradise Valley, Arizona. We are currently hiring for our Reservations Team. Seeking candidates who will live Mountain Shadow’s Promise to Care Enough to do it Well and to live by our Commitments of Passion, Integrity, Engagement, Collaboration, Image, Listening, Empowerment, Respect and Have Fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.mountainshadows.com
Position Summary: The Reservation Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest's experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests. The Reservation Agent would integrate into a centralized Westroc team.
- Ensure all reservations calls are answered in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Maximize every opportunity to close each reservation call.
- Track reservations calls daily.
- Follow through on every call with confirmations, letters and brochures.
- Work closely with Front Desk to ensure full occupancy on busy days.
- Ensure all necessary information is received from arriving guests, to facilitate their arrival and comfort prior to and during their stay.
- Keep all reservations accounts, traces and specific requests for each arriving guest up to par.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Reservations Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in a team oriented, goal focused environment.
- Opera and Navis experience preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Hotel/resort reservation or front desk experience required.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Also required for efficient productivity on multiple computer and phone systems.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.