Assistant Controller- Hotel Valley Ho
Assist in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard assets, and prepare all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting.
* Directly supervise day to day accounting operations through an Accounting staff comprised of Income Auditor, General Cashier, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Member Receivables.
* Develop policy and procedure manuals for accounting department
* Manage and complete month end closing and monthly financial statement preparation
* Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned by Controller
* File monthly Arizona Department of Revenue and City of Scottsdale tax returns
* File Annual Arizona abandoned property returns
* Handle all accounting related IT functions in coordination with IT Department
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that creates effective relationships with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management
* Organize and manage annual auditing function including managing schedule and deliverables
* Support the Controller in directing budget and cost controls, financial analysis and accounting procedures.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Controller
Job knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must
* Computer experience needed. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of P.M.S. and P.O.S. operations, and back office accounting and payroll software. Knowledge of Opera, Micros 3700, Mas 90 Accounting software, SpaSoft, payroll software applications, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft operating systems is highly recommended.
* Knowledge of departmental operations a must
* Knowledge of business law, federal, state and local taxes, as well as Department of Labor regulations.
* Requires a 4 year degree
* Four to six years relevant experience
* Excellent/professional written and oral communication skills required
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly
* Detail oriented
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.