Assistant Restaurant General Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success assisting the Restaurant General Manager in the supervision of all food and beverage operations at the Restaurant and in-room dining in order to ensure the highest quality standards are met for food, service, cleanliness, and marketing of all operations.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Oversee operations in ZuZu and In-Room Dining when it involves Food & Beverage. Responsible for supervising and scheduling of service personnel as it relates to budget and business levels. Responsible for accurate and timely payroll. Ensures adequate service staffing levels are maintained.
- Exercises an optimistic leadership style with integrity and sound judgment. Understands and embraces the culture of Hotel Valley Ho.
- Is responsible for the supervision of Restaurant Managers. Responsible for the training and motivation of service personnel, focusing on appearance, professionalism, and teamwork, including succession planning and wine/ spirit knowledge; exercises successful methods of discipline and reward. Prepares and maintains training manuals and a structured training program. Proficient behind the bar, and covers shifts wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely, smooth, and quality service. May need to assist with event set-up in the lounge and lower lobby; moving tables and chairs, setting up buffets, etc.
- Coordinates service styles and standards with the Director of Food and Beverage and F&B Managers, focusing on guest recognition and return guest appreciation. Is active in the dining room during service and aware of all facets of the guest experience (music, lighting, staff appearance, table maintenance, the flow of service, stains on carpets and furniture, rubbish, etc.)
- Effectively coordinates meetings with restaurant staff on a consistent basis. Attends BEO and resume meetings (when appropriate), weekly Food & Beverage meetings. Encourages and schedules staff to attend all company-sponsored meetings and events.
- Responds to P&L statements in areas of financial responsibilities on or before deadlines.
- Develops a strong working relationship with support departments, understanding and respecting their priorities while integrating ZuZu staff into the culture of the Hotel Valley Ho. Works closely with Hotel Engineering department in order to maintain building and equipment, Housekeeping, Front Office, Accounting, Executive Office, Sales, Human Resources, Spa, and other F&B Departments.
- Ensures all food, beverage, and service supplies are properly received handled, and stored. Is knowledgeable about County Health Department Codes in this regard.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the front-of-the-house areas with the goal of zero Health Department violations.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness, and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale, and practice succession planning.
- Hire, train, motivate and schedule staff in accordance with business needs, productivity, and service standards. Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
- Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual reviews per the direction and support of the Restaurant General Manager.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching, and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have good wine knowledge.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage, and room service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits programs, Opentable, Excel, and cashier close-outs.
- Have familiarity with all positions in restaurants; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak, and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast, and even-tempered. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.