Banquet Chef - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Oversees all culinary aspects of banquet and catering functions in conjunction with the executive chef.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Plan and oversee day-to-day banquet culinary operations and give direction to associates
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Contribute to maximizing the overall departmental profit
- Control and analyze the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, merchandising and marketing, operation/payroll/food costs, sanitation, and cleanliness and hygiene
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting coaching & counseling, conducting evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and reward
- Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies
- Supervise daily setup for menu, anticipate business volume, and adjust work areas/schedules accordingly
- Manage time effectively and efficiently
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationship
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift frequently loads up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Constant walking throughout shift
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0044725