Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Oversees all culinary aspects of banquet and catering functions in conjunction with the executive chef.
- Plan and oversee day-to-day banquet culinary operations and give direction to associates
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Contribute to maximizing the overall departmental profit
- Control and analyze the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, merchandising and marketing, operation/payroll/food costs, sanitation, and cleanliness and hygiene
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting coaching & counseling, conducting evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and reward
- Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies
- Supervise daily setup for menu, anticipate business volume, and adjust work areas/schedules accordingly
- Manage time effectively and efficiently
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationship
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift frequently loads up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Constant walking throughout shift