Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, courteous and professional manner. The Banquets Director hires, trains, and directs the banquet staff in servicing all catering activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
- Supervise the set-up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications.
- Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
- Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and resort standards.
- Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Enter billing information into the POS system in order to generate a final guest check.
- Attend meetings such as menu meetings, staff, and F& B management meetings.
- Order supplies and linens for functions from Housekeeping.
- Separate, post and distribute even order sheets.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Hire, schedule, and train all catering staff to include conducting roll call and monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for services.
- Monitor staff performance, define performance requirements and develop action plans for the achievement of goals.
- Process payroll for each event which includes calculating gratuity distribution.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Assist servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and quality standards.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.