Banquet Server On-Call-1
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high-quality, food and beverage service. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous, and professional manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' dining experience.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events, and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Set up the event room as instructed by the Captain and/or Manager to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
- Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Captain and/or Manager to ensure consistency throughout the event.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Check the side duty list for opening and closing duties.
- Once the function is complete, reset the event room according to the Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
- Abide by all State, Federal, and hotel liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain and/or the Banquet Manager.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.