Banquet Server (On-Call)
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' dining experience.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Set up the event room as instructed by the Captain and/or Manager to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
- Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Captain and/or Manager to ensure consistency throughout the event.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing duties.
- Once function is complete, reset the event room according to the Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
- Abide by all State, Federal and hotel liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain and/or the Banquet Manager.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with 2-4 years of food service experience, preferably Banquet service
- Someone with experience in a 4-star, 5-star venue with synchronized service
- Someone with knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Someone who is able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone with excellent communication skills