Banquet Set Up PT-1
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality. Must set, break down and service all meeting rooms.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes physical ability in the transport of awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and freshwater.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to the storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain an established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean up unexpected spills, or special guest requests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Set Supervisor / Banquet Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of micros ordering systems and other check processing procedures.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 75 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast, and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver a quality product while under pressure.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote an excellent guest service experience.