Banquet Setup (FT and PT) - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality. Must set, break down and service all meeting rooms.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes physical ability in the transport of awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean up unexpected spills, or special guest requests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Set Supervisor / Banquet Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 75 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote an excellent guest service experience.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is at least 18 years of age
- Someone who can accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Someone who is highly detailed orientated
- Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- Someone who thrives in working in a teamwork environment
- Someone with a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Someone who is a problem solver
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone who is comfortable with being on their feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Someone who is comfortable with being able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs. at shoulder height and frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Someone who is able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.