Banquets Cook III-Hotel Valley Ho
JOB SUMMARY ________
This position contributes to Hotel ValleyHo’s success by the general preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items,the cleanliness and organization of workstation. The individual must develop asense of color, plating and taste, as most of the work is oriented toward eyeappeal as well as taste.
JOB FUNCTIONS _______
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Assistin preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes andproduction sheets.
- Assistin the break down/cleaning of station at the end of each meal prepared and atend of shift.
- Avoidwaste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Maintainhigh level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness.
- Responsiblefor compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assignedstation at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer,refrigerator temperatures etc.).
- Giveproper use and care to equipment furnished by the resort.
- Befamiliar with theresort guidelines and procedures, and act accordingly.
- Alwaysproject a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respect the priorities ofothers.
- Maintaina positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enablesgetting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Performadditional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
JOB REQUIREMENTS _________ _______
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and beable to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functionsof the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some othercombination of skills and abilities.
- Mustwork well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in atimely and at a high quality standard.
- Abilityto maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress workenvironment. Solid interpersonal,organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Abilityto work on slippery surfaces.
- Requiredto stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens,burners, etc.).
- Abilityto lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Abilityto listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Mustbe responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Mustbe able to work flexible and long hours.
- Abilityto quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requiresextending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Goodcommunication skills and able to not only work as a team but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resortstandards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism,ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quicklyand while under pressure.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Culinary Education is preferred.
Related Work Experience
2 years high-end kitchen experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.