Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high-quality, consistent liquor products, served in a personable, courteous and professional manner. Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and working within the framework of the food and beverage service team.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Suggest and promote food from ZuZu; an important component of sales.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with the wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Perform requisitions, receive, rotate, and stock procedures of all beverage items.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Review bartender production stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, waiters, and cocktail servers.
- Inform manager of any problems with dispensing systems, guests, repairs, etc.
- Produce drinks as ordered by the cocktail server and/or food server through the micros system, enter all direct guest orders in micros before producing drinks.
- Maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
- Perform post-service duties in the bar.
- Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
- Work special group functions as required.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including as well as wine tasting and daily pre-service meetings.
- Perform opening and closing duties as specified in the bartender duties checklist.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Manager.
What are we looking for?