Bartender (Zuzu) - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, consistent liquor product, served in a personable, courteous and professional manner. Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and working within the framework of the food and beverage service team.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Suggest and promote food from ZuZu; an important component of sales.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with the wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Perform requisitions, receive, rotate and stock procedures of all beverage items.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Review bartender production stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, waiters and cocktail servers.
- Inform manager of any problems with dispensing systems, guests, repairs etc.
- Produce drinks as ordered by cocktail server and/or food server through the micros system, enter all direct guest orders in micros before producing drinks.
- Maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
- Perform post service duties in bar.
- Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
- Work special group functions as required.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including as well as wine tasting and daily pre-service meetings.
- Perform opening and closing duties as specified in bartender duties checklist.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 75 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Must be able to carry cocktail tray with one hand and distribute cocktails with the second hand -- cocktail tray could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires walking up a footstool to obtain and store liquor bottles in overhead cabinets, extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly to store and obtain beverages from coolers.
- Must be able to operate glass washing machine.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with an engaging and welcoming personality
- Current bartenders’ certification or appropriate license
- Knowledgeable in the latest trends around mixology
- Someone who is descriptive and can sale
- Someone with 2-4 years of bartender experience
- Someone with knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Someone who can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone with excellent communication skills