At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
Welcome to Hotel Valley Ho, nestled in the vibrant city of Scottsdale, Arizona, and proudly part of the Pyramid Global Hospitality portfolio. Boasting 241 stylish guest rooms and 13,000 sq ft of versatile meeting space across 11 rooms, Hotel Valley Ho is more than just a place to stay—it's a dynamic environment that seamlessly blends comfort with career opportunities.
In the sun-soaked ambiance of Scottsdale, Hotel Valley Ho embodies the work culture fostered by Pyramid Global Hospitality, where professional growth and seizing opportunities are at the forefront. As a member of the Pyramid Global team, you'll enjoy benefits such as a 401k with a company match and recognition programs tailored to celebrate your achievements.
Join us at Hotel Valley Ho, where your pathway to a fulfilling career is guided by an excellent People First Culture. It's about being part of a professional team that understands Scottsdale's unique energy while supporting your individual career journey. Welcome to a professional environment within Pyramid Global Hospitality that encourages your personal and professional development!
Position Summary: To work within the framework of a quality
food and beverage service team. To serve food and cocktails to
our guests in a personable, courteous, and professional
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience. Sales of food are an important component of the job. Food should be suggested to every guest.
- Will be aware of all local liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages. Will have completed a BACE course
- Will know all spirited beverages available including ingredients, garnish, and specific service. Must have a strong knowledge of the wine list, wine by the glass, the menus and hours of operation. Must be familiar with cigars available and cigar service.
- Will have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Will be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Will set up and stock cocktail service stations, including the service bar station. Sanitizer, bus tubs, trash can. Station will be maintained in clean and orderly fashion throughout the service period.
- Will ensure all tables and chairs in service areas are clean. Will maintain the cleanliness of these tables throughout the service period. Candles, table tents and flowers looking presentable at all times.
- Will ensure ample supplies of bar snacks and bowls as well as candles in lounge and lobby are ready for service by 5pm.
- Will greet guests within two minutes and set snack bowl on table during appropriate hours. Will obtain beverage order and input into the micros system as instructed. Orders should be given to the bartender in the established call order. Customers of questionable age will be required to present a valid I.D. card so it can be swiped in our id machine.
- Will serve guests by set service standards.
- Will circulate through service area continually to obtain repair orders, pick up dirty glassware, and tend to general needs of guests.
- When requested by guest, will obtain completed check from micros system and present to guest.
- After guests have departed, will remove dirty glassware and snack bowl; will wipe table.
- Will organize and clean service area.
- Will obtain service report from micros system and finalize all settlement transactions. Will be responsible and held accountable for all unsigned guest checks and will report these to manager.
- Will determine gratuity distribution by set department standards.
- Will work special group functions as required.
- Will perform special duties as requested by the food and beverage supervisors.
- Will attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous cocktail and wine service experience. Previous food service experience preferred.
- Must be keen with an attention to details.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Well groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights.
- Remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Communication skills: order cocktails in an established call order; bartender; guest conversation about Hotel Valley Ho and surrounding area.