Business Travel & Leisure Sales Manager- Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To represent the hotel in negotiations and relationship development and maintenance with existing and new wholesalers, consortia, corporate accounts, travel agencies and V.I.Ps involving ten rooms per night or less, and to coordinate all aspects of programs, in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- To manage all aspects of sales for the FIT/Leisure market, while achieving specific individual and team sales goals.
- To participate in active account prospecting, qualification and solicitation in order to maximize hotel occupancy, ADR and revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- To prepare, present, and negotiate service contract proposals, including pre-determining availability of rooms; verifying history; securing deposits from contracted accounts; and negotiating within pre-set guidelines, or to variances established by the Director of Sales.
- To personally conduct site inspections with potential and current clients, including but not limited to dining with them at one of the hotel restaurants.
- To conduct weekly outside sales calls and client visits to obtain new accounts and maintain relationships with existing accounts within the FIT market both locally and in key target and feeder cities.
- To attend and represent the hotel at trade shows and conventions and participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
- To act as a liaison between hotel and clientele, ensuring rooms are appropriately set up, and handling any special client requests.
- To create specification sheets which detail purpose, room/suite bloc/pickup, rates and special negotiations, VIP’s, accounting, and all special instructions to operational departments of hotel.
- To create daily, a prospectus which includes the above information for each account productivity.
- To meet V.I.P. clients upon arrival, and introduce them to key hotel staff.
- To manage and provide on-time responses to all corporate and consortia RFPs.
- To rotate as leader of weekly evaluation meetings, ensuring that other hotel departments understand their roles in upcoming business, and reviewing past performance for clients which have checked out.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, and take personal responsibility for the complete satisfaction of all in-house groups.
- To work with the Director of Sales to design and implement territorial sales action plans, including setting personal and team goals, and creating and implementing promotions.
- To maintain cordial social and business contact with representatives of past, repeat, and potential FIT accounts.
- To participate in Hotel Valley Ho MOD program, and attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Hotel Management, or equivalent experience required.
- One year minimum experience in a hotel of comparable quality, preferably in sales or conference coordinating.
- Familiarity with industry terms required.
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted business writing formats and usage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.