Catering Sales Manager - Hotel Valley Ho
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The catering sales manager is a detail, oriented planning professional, possessing excellent sales, event management and clerical skills. The position requires experience in selling and operating social events of all levels with emphasis in weddings, mitzvahs, and local corporate events. The candidate must display the ability to generate theme concept designs, and act as a creative source for staging unique events. The candidate must be adept at solving conflicts that may arise through the selling and coordination processes. The candidate must be familiar with the ideals and philosophies as they apply to the entire facility, to enable comprehensive coordination of each event. The manager must be knowledgeable of resort operations including food and beverage, banquet, and catering set up and front office operations. This position may also require handling assigned conference service programs.
- Respond in a timely manner to all phone calls, sales inquiries, walk-in customers, and referrals.
- Systematically establish, build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Establish a positive and professional presence and rapport within the assigned market(s).
- Monitor sales process from initial contact to conclusion
- Attends all industry trade shows as scheduled by the area director of sales + marketing.
- Prepare menu proposals, catering contracts, banquet event orders, and all booking forms needed to contract corporate and social catering business.
- Work within the catering guidelines and policies as established by the area director of sales + marketing, and director of catering conference services.
- Collect contracts, advance deposits, signed event orders, and payment of accounts for all catering functions.
- Communicate all details regarding catering events to other departments as needed.
- Coordinate necessary outside vendors for catered events.
- Interface with the catering client from the initial lead call to follow through with event details, day-of-event client contact, event operation coordination with the banquet department, and post-event follow-up.
- Conduct client site visits and approved tastings.
- Report sales progress and activities in daily business review and month-end reports.
- Attend daily BEO meetings, weekly one on one meetings with area director of catering + conference services.
- Conduct telemarketing and direct mail efforts for the social and corporate market segments.
- Meet or exceed yearly goals to be reviewed quarterly with the director of catering + conference services.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the director of catering + conference services and area director of sales and marketing.
- Oversee the banquet team execution of their events.
Minimum of five years of catering sales management experience required. Wedding catering sales and operation experience required. Experience working with catering operative systems ie Opera, Delphi, CI/TY, etc.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment with others.
- Prospect calling.
- Very strong selling skills.
- Ability to increase revenues and upsell clientele.
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends based on event needs.
- Computer skills and typing abilities.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales-oriented.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.