Chef de Cuisine -Hotel Valley Ho
JOB SUMMARY ________
This position contributes to the Hotel Valley Ho success by assisting the Executive Chef with the culinary operations and food quality for the entire resort in the absence of the Executive Chef. The Chef de Cuisine is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader maintaining the highest standards of quality to our guests, overseeing training, scheduling and motivating culinary team and assists Executive Chef in the food production and supervision of all culinary personnel.
JOB FUNCTIONS _______
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Lead by example in areas of culinary technique and proactive hospitality skills.
- Assist in food preparation for Room Service and Diner
- Assist whenever or wherever needed to assure timely, smooth, quality service.
- Order, receive and store products, and ensure all specifications are met.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintain consistency of product and style with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
- Help maintain a safe and sanitary work environment in accordance with Arizona Health and Safety codes.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus including costing, specifications and standards.
- Must have exemplary leadership skills, proficient in training and succession planning.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Ensure all stations are properly staffed.
- Supervise and schedule all kitchen staff as it relates to budget and business levels.
- Monitor kitchen payroll, and take an active role in ordering product and other administrative tasks.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, including terminations.
- Conduct performance appraisals as necessary; perform 90 day and annual evaluation of staff.
- Effectively coach and counsel (when appropriate) providing continued staff development.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train staff.
- Cultivate a strong working relationship with the elements service staff, In-Room Dining and Pool outlets, and perpetuate a spirit of teamwork between the kitchen and all service staff.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of attire and personal hygiene.
- Ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Recruit motivate and train cooks and utility persons.
- Organize an efficient flow of production and maintain adequate staffing.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward equipment.
- Embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to the Chief Engineer for service.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
JOB REQUIREMENTS _______
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to drive a van and/or golf cart; must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Flexible and long hours may be required on occasion.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
Must possess and Culinary Degree.
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Must have 4-5 years of experience in a kitchen management position.
Experience with hospitality and customer service, preferred.