At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
This position will involve marketing, communications, and some public relations for both Hotel Valley Ho and Mountain Shadows. The communication manager’s work will include managing the property websites, social media content, assisting with media relations and visits, overseeing third-party websites, electronic newsletters, creating promotional programming, and other miscellaneous marketing and public relations needs. This position is salaried and will include partial remote work once all onboarding and training is completed.
- Copywriting for newsletters, brochures, social media, websites, and other marketing materials
- Gather content and write email newsletters
- Create content for social media, especially videos
- Oversee social media inbox (comments/tags)
- Assist with media pitching (dependent on experience)
- Serve as point-person for certain on-site photo, video, and television shoots
- Fill in for PR director on select occasions (media inquiries, lunches, etc.)
- Gather information from departments for media inquiries, newsletters, websites, etc. in order to create and launch promotional programming
- Provide creative ideas for events and programming; collaborate with internal teams to execute
- Update the property websites with events, specials, etc.
- Ensure consistent and accurate copy across all communications
- Handle preparations for media visits
- Update and manage third party referral sites (i.e. Tripadvisor, Yelp, etc.)
- Respond to online guest reviews
- Log media mentions
- Create reports each month with details on marketing/PR efforts
- Formatting, proofing and printing of menus and flyers
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Area Director of Marketing & Area Director of PR
- While not common, assistance is occasionally necessary on select nights or weekends
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Work experience or degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging Instagram reels
- Ability to comfortably interface with journalists, clients, and partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; computer literacy essential
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required