Conference Services Manager - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?The Conference Services Manager is a detail-oriented planning professional, possessing excellent event management and clerical skills. The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for the detailing group events corporate, and group meeting/catering functions; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu design/selection. The position requires experience in the conference services side. The main focus will be detailing all types of bookings, providing amazing customer service, and utilizing upselling strategies to drive increased revenues. This position will oversee the banquets and set up staff for their events.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications.
- Systematically establish, build, and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Maintain services and the reputation of the hotel.
- Act as a hotel representative to group clients.
- Coordinate with event planners their specific group requirements with offered services and facilities on-site and off-site venues. Off-site venues including but are not limited to, golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
- Distribute to necessary departments detailed information relative to group activities.
- Prepares menu proposals, general program needs, banquet event orders, and all booking forms needed to detail corporate and social catering business.
- Works within the Catering & Group Guidelines and policies as established by the management.
- Communicates all details regarding catering & group events to other departments as needed.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Coordinates necessary outside vendors for events.
- Interfaces with the catering & group clients from the initial lead call to follow through with event details, day of the event client contact, event operation coordination with the Banquet Department, and post-event follow-up.
- Conducts client site visits and approved tastings.
- Attends daily culinary meetings, weekly sales meetings, and weekly staff meetings.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Catering + Conference Services and Food and Beverage Director.
Two to three years combined Catering/Conference Services experience required. Experience working with Opera or Delphi is a must.
What are we looking for?