Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by leading the cooks, pantry and utility persons. Ensure consistent preparation and presentation of menu items as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. In the absence of the Chef and Sous Chef, is in charge of the entire kitchen operation. Ensure all food preparation and presentation is to the specifications established by the Chef.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean all food preparation areas to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, and efficient production; in an advanced and supervisory level.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times (i.e. approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.).
- Responsible for the kitchen during Chefs absence.
- Assist wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef in controlling food and labor costs.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train cooks.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care is displayed by all employees toward equipment.
- Always project a positive attitude; embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely manner and at a high quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
What are we looking for?