Cook II- Hotel Valley Ho
Prepares to order all menu items as required in an advanced capacity.
Approaches the job in an organized, professional manner. Maintains a clean
station at all times. Performs any required menu preparation.
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items in an advanced capacity on assigned station. Prepare a set par according to distinct levels of business. Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- Perform any job related task as directed by supervisor.
- Be familiar with Hotel Valley Ho guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary working environment.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- A least three years experience in a kitchen, with ability to work various stations with a minimum of supervision.
- Prior grill and broiler experience.
- Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quickly and while under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- White double-breasted chefs jacket, black and white checkered pants, chef's hat and apron, all to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy polished black work shoes, to be provided by the employee.