Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Prepares to order all menu items as required in an advanced capacity.
Approaches the job in an organized, professional manner. Maintains a clean station at all times. Performs any required menu preparation.
- Responsible for the preparation, taste, and presentation of all menu items in an advanced capacity on the assigned stations. Prepare a set par according to distinct levels of business. Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures, etc.)
- Cook and serve all items required by the menu, following designated recipes and procedures. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- Perform any job-related task as directed by the supervisor.
- Be familiar with Hotel Valley Ho guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary working environment.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- A least three years experience in a kitchen, with the ability to work various stations with a minimum of supervision.
- Prior grill and broiler experience.
- Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high-quality products quickly and while under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast, and even-tempered.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.