Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for general preparation and
the serving of assigned hot menu items, and the cleanliness and
organization of workstation. Must develop a sense of color and
detail, as most of the work, is oriented toward eye appeal as
well as taste.
- Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Assist in the breakdown and cleaning of the station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Maintain high level of sanitation, organization, and cleanliness. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures, etc.)
- Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by The Hotel Valley Ho.
- Be familiar with Hotel Valley Ho guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always project a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- Perform any job-related task as directed by the supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Need basic kitchen experience. Must be capable of handling knives, mixers, and items generally found in the kitchen environment.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions, and develop own skills.
- Must be able to work well with people under pressure.
- Must be able to work quickly and safely.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.