Director of Housekeeping
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Director of Housekeeping is accountable for managing the housekeeping team and operations. Responsible for promoting, instilling, and ensuring all employees embrace and reflect the values of the company.
- To hire, train, schedule, support, review, and coach employees to maintain the highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
- To coordinate with the Director of Property Operations and the General Manager to establish and ensure hotel standards of cleanliness and esthetics for rooms and public areas.
- To develop and ensure efficient routine and emergency departmental procedures for the Housekeeping Department.
- To accept personal responsibility for the satisfactory condition of all VIP rooms prior to occupancy, including special attention provided for repeat guests.
- To ensure that departments have accurate information regarding rooms, including status, condition, and maintenance needs.
- To establish and control the inventory of departmental materials, including guest amenities, and administrative and cleaning supplies.
- To coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure the timely and professional completion of maintenance and repair work in guest rooms and public areas.
- To prepare the annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the Director of Guest Operations with the assistance of the Controller.
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining the annual budget.
- To participate in Hotel Valley programs, meetings, and functions, as directed.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To ensure safe work practices of all Housekeeping staff, including proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
- To ensure departmental safety training for all new Housekeeping employees before they begin to work.
- To conduct regular departmental operations meetings, including monthly safety meetings.
- To ensure proper handling, storage, and labeling of all hazardous chemicals used by Housekeeping employees, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- 3 years minimum of management experience required.
- English fluency required.
- Spanish language ability is helpful.
- Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing the handling of hazardous substances.
- Requires knowledge of current state and federal safety regulations.
- Experience in hotel industry accounting procedures, and labor and supply controls.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.