Director of Meetings & Events
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
To service all phases of social, corporate, and group meeting/catering functions; coordinate these activities daily: assist clients in program planning and menu selections; solicit local group catering business.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Responsible for providing guests exceptional service and memorable events while maximizing profitability.
- Function as a management representative to group clients.
- Coordinate the booking of all meeting space within the Catering Office.
- Routinely inspects all areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with event planners their specific group requirements with offered services and facilities on-site and off-site venues.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
- Keep all departments updated on events with well-written and verbal communications.
- Assist the catering manager, supervise, and coordinate meeting/catering setups and service.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Attend Sales meetings, BEO meetings, and staff meetings.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director with setting and maintaining Catering Budgets.
- Prepare and Distribute Catering Revenue 3-month forecast.
- Assist Director of Marketing with marketing efforts as it pertains to the catering business.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage
- Perform additional duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Fulfill supervisory responsibilities following the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Manage scheduling to ensure proper coverage based upon business demands.
- Interview, hire, and maintain the highest qualified, motivated associates.
- Provide leadership to ensure high-quality, knowledgeable associates.
- Supports and creates programs and initiatives that encourage employee development, training, and career growth.
Specific job knowledge, skills, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in catering sales and convention services background in a dynamic environment.
- Previous Director level experience strongly preferred.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Advanced customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Oprah or Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate and effectively train and coach.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0042139