Dishwasher-Steward - Hotel Valley Ho
Transport and clean cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipment for guests’ dining experience, also clean physical surroundings.
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly.
- Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Maintain dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area and around extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
- Must adhere to practice of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- White double-breasted cook's jacket, black and white checkered pants, chef's hat, and apron, all to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy, polished black work shoes, to be provided by the employee.
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.