Dishwasher-Steward - Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: Transport and clean cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipments for guests’ dining experience, also clean physical surroundings.
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly.
- Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Maintain dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area and around extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- White double-breasted cook's jacket, black and white checkered pants, chef's hat, and apron, all to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy, polished black work shoes, to be provided by the employee.
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.