Employee Diner Cook - Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by taking responsibility for the preparation and presentation of food items such as salads, condiments, garnishes, dressings and sauces. Responsible for the cleanliness and organizations of the employee diner. Always ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen, the cleanliness and organization of the workstation.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Prepare all pantry food items according to standard pantry recipes or, as otherwise specified to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
· Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, check on portion control and maintain quality product.
· Keep all refrigeration, storage, and work area in clean working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
· Ensure all equipment in work areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
· Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
· Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Working knowledge of the fundamentals of cold food preparation and standards of sanitation.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
· Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, such as stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
· Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100lbs.
· Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 35 lbs.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
· Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
· Must be able to work quickly and safely.
· Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
· Required to stand for long periods of time in one area.
· Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.