At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
To maintain the guestrooms and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
The Engineer will:
- Inspect guestrooms, public spaces and back of the house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs. This requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires a considerable knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades. Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical experience is used frequently on the job. Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 200 lbs. climb ladders up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
- Report major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
- Perform all the essential functions of Shift Engineer when required.
Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, such as making props or cleaning of the workshop.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of related tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally waist high.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgement.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Experience: Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry. Minimal (1) one year hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates: No licenses required.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Note: The hotel functions seven (7) days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift as business demands.