Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To provide clerical and administrative support to the functions of the Engineering department and the Director of Property Operations.
- To satisfactorily perform, as directed, routine clerical and administrative tasks, including typing; filing; generating and distributing correspondence; recording; transcribing and distributing minutes; handling mail; and producing all necessary documents.
- To provide professional telephone support to the Engineering offices.
- Effectively process, coordinate, manage and assign Engineering service requests as necessary.
- To receive all guests, employees, or business associates in a professional manner, assisting to resolve problems when possible.
- To courteously and effectively answer all guest and other departmental inquiries regarding hotel facilities, services, and programs.
- To maintain daily, monthly, and annual calendars for the Director of Property Operations, providing daily time management support, as needed.
- To follow specified procedures to correctly process supply and equipment requisitions from the department, including initiating purchase orders; routing all requisitions through the executive office for approval; and typing and distributing purchase orders.
- To maintain adequate stock of office supplies, to ensure efficient and professional secretarial support to the Director of Property Operations office.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years minimum experience in similar position.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of all office systems and relevant machines.
- Written, spoken and reading proficiency in the English language.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel and other related computer knowledge.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.