Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Engineering Supervisor is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform and/or oversee the persons performing preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel, with an emphasis on HVACR and Foodservice equipment. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Engineering Supervisor will also need to respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering. The Engineering supervisor will be responsible for the resolution of service requests received while he is on duty.
- The Engineering Supervisor will perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds.
- The Engineering Supervisor will assist guests with service requests on an as-needed basis.
- The Engineering Supervisor will need to learn, understand, and become proficient in all computer-based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Engineering Supervisor will work frequently with electrical circuits, control circuits, gas-fired equipment, and plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Engineering Supervisor will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Engineering Supervisor will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal, and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess the ability to follow instructions.
- Previous resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment, and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50+ lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’