Executive Sous Chef
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the overall food service, throughout the property, and providing the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for the efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Select, train, and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Report any equipment needing repair to Chef and engineering for service.
- Perform other duties as requested such as VIP parties and staff meetings.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef.