Food & Beverage Supervisor - $500 Sign-On Bonus
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Food and Beverage Supervisor assists and supports the food & beverage management team with employee on-boarding, training new hires and existing employees, employee scheduling, ensuring team motivation, and effective communication processes with fellow employees. The Food and Beverage Supervisor will lead the team, setting an example of committed guest service and follow through.
Sign-On Bonus of $500 after 90 days; must start/onboard by July 12th
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for all guests, utilize the guest's name as soon as possible, ensure great care when entering a reservation in Open Table, and input detailed notes when and where applicable. Communicate any special requests or need for follow-up with management and the culinary team.
- Support the management of seating charts and printing of daily Open Table guest notes. Relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management at pre-shift.
- Provide assigned floor maps and complete side-work sheets to be posted at the start of the shift. Give direction to host persons throughout the shift.
- Ensure all host persons provide warm welcomes and fond farewells to each guest; support the host stand, ensuring it is manned 100% of the time.
- Print and monitor supply of restaurant menus and wine lists for all meal periods. Inspect menus & wine list for cleanliness and crispness; change out when necessary.
- Maintain the filing of service floor plans; guest denotations (in-house; local; group).
- Walk through the dining area and lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture, etc.). Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Responsible for daily communication and coordination of comp payments, tracking slips, and third-party payments.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, show compassion and build trust; communicate any issues with a Front of the House Manager (FOH) immediately.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- Attend all scheduled staff, safety, human resource, meetings, and supplemental training sessions.
Assist with training of new host/hostess staff, service on-boarding