Front Desk Agent
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?The Front Desk Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest’s arrival and departure experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests at the hotel.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests, and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register residence, owners, and hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions, and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- Actively participate in the hotel’s up-sell program during guest arrival/departure as directed by hotel management.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Hotel Valley Ho facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner, and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests and owners in and out of the Residences and Hotel in accordance with specific procedures.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a PBX Operator, Reservationists, Concierge, Room Attendant, Houseperson, Valet, and Bellperson.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, Front Office Manager, Night Manager, or Revenue and Reservations Manager.
What are we looking for?