Front Desk Supervisor - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The Front Desk Supervisor is a key facilitator of the hotel guest’s arrival and departure experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate, friendly, and sincere level of guest service to all guests at the hotel and to perform all aspects of the required tasks as listed in the job description and on the front desk checklist. The Front Desk Supervisor will be a dedicated individual who will aggressively seek out resolutions to operational and guest-related challenges. This person will be responsible for overseeing guest-related issues, day-to-day tasks, and staff training.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Residence owners and Hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to handle a multitude of requests at any given time
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Hotel Valley Ho facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests (when concierge is not available) with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests and owners in and out of the Residences and Hotel in accordance with specific procedures.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the Resort and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to train and retrain front desk staff members on all front desk related tasks and services.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a Telephone Operator, Reservationists, Concierge, Housekeeper, Houseman, Valet, and Bellperson.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, Front Office Manager, Night Manager, or Revenue and Reservations Manager.
Additional Supervisory Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the initial and ongoing training of all new and existing front desk agents including Opera PMS as well as any and all Policies and Procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager on scheduling needs and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining the current group resumes in the Group Resume Binder for constant use of up to date information.
- Responsible for overall appearance standards of all front desk agents.
- Responsible for constantly monitoring and improving current staff verbiage, removing slang and keeping the working environment consistently professional.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0051428