Front Office Manager-Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
The main focus of the Front Office Manager is to promote a guest service oriented work environment that rewards friendly intelligent and sincere individuals that make every effort to exceed our guests’ expectations. The Front Office Manager will be a dedicated individual who will aggressively seek out resolutions to operational and guest related challenges. This person will be responsible for motivating coaching and developing their staff.
· The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with guests, patrons and other employees.
· The ability to welcome and register hotel guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
· The ability to handle a multitude of keys.
· The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
· The ability to accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
· The ability to select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups as required; assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms as requested.
· The ability to work closely with the Guest Services and Concierge staff to coordinate the efficient handling of guest luggage and follow up on guest requests.
· The ability to handle guest problems or complaints.
· The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and in blocking special requests.
· The ability to keep all support departments informed of necessary information or requests.
· The ability to handle safety deposit box requests; including distributing, giving access to and closing procedures.
· The ability to complete key packets and vouchers, and to modify registration cards.
· The ability to check guests out of the hotel in accordance with procedures; make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges to guest accounts.
· The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the hotel.
· The ability to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
· The ability to recite hours of operation of all hotel facilities and special service codes.
· The ability to understand the tasks performed by a telephone operator, a reservationist, a concierge and a housekeeper.
· The ability to handle hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
· The ability to perform tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, or General Manager.
· The ability to cross train and assist in all other areas of the hotel. The ability and willingness to perform tasks and assist when business levels require assistance in all other areas of the hotel, in particular assisting cover ‘crunch periods, breaks and even shifts’ in PBX, Reservations, Concierge and Guest Services.
· The ability to complete departmental meetings, schedules, training sessions, counseling sessions, standards tests, and purchase orders.
· Work closely ensuring that the guest recovery program is running efficiently.
· The ability to communicate efficiently with other departmental managers.
· The ability to understand the operating procedures for the residential properties and the ability to assist the owners with reservations and other accommodation inquiries.
· The ability to manage the day to day operation of the front desk, concierge, PBX and guest service departments.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Computer skills and typing abilities a must.
- At least 2 years front office experience in the hospitality industry.
- Must maintain highest ethical standards - possessing integrity, honesty, care and fair mindedness.
- Grooming is a factor of the utmost importance.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and train subordinates.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Act in a professional manner in all situations equally with guests as well as peers.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed oriented.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
· Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.