FT/PT-Host/ess - Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To greet and seat guests with warm, friendly and sincere
manner and escort them to their table. Make a good first impression, and insure they are happy when they leave. To manage seating
charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Arrive to work promptly and consistently follow schedule.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and the Lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc. Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the Hotel Valley Ho and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to the table, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and informs server of guest present at the table and returns to the lobby to greet guests, checks dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Acknowledge and thank guests when they are leaving, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
- No cell phones. No smoking during service, no gum chewing anytime.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good physical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and to move through the dining room and lobby to escort guests.
- Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
- Pleasant speaking voice and phone etiquette.
- Must enjoy extensive guest and employee contact.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phone or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking,eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
County Legal Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.
- $9.00/HR Gratuities