Group Sales Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To produce group revenues for the hotel that meet and exceed budget expectations, through the process of proposing, negotiating, and business while building ongoing client relationships.
- To manage all aspects of sales in a designated geographical market segment, while achieving specific individual and team goals.
- To prepare, present, and negotiate group service proposals and contracts, including pre-determining availability of rooms/meeting space; verifying group history; securing deposits from contracted groups; and negotiating within pre-set guidelines or to variances established by the Director of Sales.
- To personally conduct site inspections with potential and current clients, including dining with them at one of the hotel restaurants.
- To travel on a regular basis to designated target cities, in order to directly solicit business and participate in industry show events.
- To work with the Director of Sales + Marketing to design and implement territorial sales action plans, including setting personal and team goals, and creating and implementing promotions.
- To maintain cordial social and business contact with representatives of past, repeat, and potential group business.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, and take personal responsibility for the complete satisfaction of all in-house groups.
- To participate in manager focus groups, Hotel Valley Ho MOD program, and hotel industry associations (MPI, HSMA), and to attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To document all sales interactions in a clear, concise manner.
- To follow specified procedures to properly complete daily, weekly, and monthly sales activity reports.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.