Host/ess - Hotel Valley Ho
To work within theframework of a quality Food and Beverage service
team. To greet andseat guests with warm, friendly and sincere
manner and escortthem to their table. Make a good first impression,
and insure they arehappy when they leave. To manage seating
charts and systemsas well as relay pertinent information regarding
guest requests toservers and management.
- Arrive to work promptly and consistently follow schedule.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and the Lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc. Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the Hotel Valley Ho and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to the table, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and informs server of guest present at the table and returns to the lobby to greet guests, checks dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Acknowledge and thank guests when they are leaving, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
- No cell phones. No smoking during service, no gum chewing anytime.
Specific jobknowledge, skill and ability:
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and beable to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functionsof the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some othercombination of skills and abilities.
Goodphysical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of timeand to move through the dining room and lobby to escort guests.
- Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
- Pleasant speaking voice and phone etiquette.
- Must enjoy extensive guest and employee contact.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.