At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm the number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Ensure all hostess/host staff provides warm welcomes and fond farewells to each guest.
- Run the floor plan, maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally, direct other host staff during service periods.
- Monitor supply of restaurant menus and wine lists for all meal periods.
- Present menus to guests and inform the server of guests present at the table, return to the lobby to greet guests, and check the dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments, and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Responsible for daily communication and coordination of comp payments, tacking slips, and third-party payments.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and resolve issues, show compassion, and build trust.
- Assist with training of new host/hostess staff.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Maintain and update communication book with group resume, holiday menus and information, upcoming events and resort daily activities, etc.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager and/or Assistant Manager.