Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly, and sincere manner. Make a good first impression, and ensure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm the number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Ensure all hostess/host staff provides warm welcomes and fond farewells to each guest.
- Run the floor plan, maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally, direct other host staff during service periods.
- Monitor supply of restaurant menus and wine lists for all meal periods.
- Present menus to guests and inform the server of guests present at the table, return to the lobby to greet guests, and check the dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments, and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Responsible for daily communication and coordination of comp payments, tacking slips, and third-party payments.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and resolve issues, show compassion, and build trust.
- Assist with training of new host/hostess staff.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Maintain and update communication book with group resume, holiday menus and information, upcoming events and resort daily activities, etc.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager and/or Assistant Manager.