House Attendant-Starting at $16 hr.
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- The ability to follow payroll and key sign-out procedures.
- The ability to keep all guest corridors neat, vacuumed and dusted.
- The ability to clean mirrors, furniture, ash urns, elevators, and doors.
- The ability to inventory and maintain the cleanliness of all linen closets and empty trash.
- The ability to assist the housekeepers as necessary.
- The ability to resupply guest room supplies in the linen closet and armoires daily, as well as
- The ability to deliver and pick-up guest request items when assigned (i.e. irons, ironing boards). This also includes making up and delivering cribs and rollaways.
- The ability to assist the housekeepers by removing the trash and soiled linen from the guest rooms.
- The ability to deliver linen from the laundry to the floors, including armoires, as needed.
- The ability to spot clean furniture and carpets as instructed.
- The ability to maintain the cleanliness of the stairwells and service elevator areas by sweeping, mopping and dusting the areas.
- The ability to assist in moving beds and furniture as requested.
- The ability to offer assistance to guests when requested or needed.
- The ability to report any maintenance deficiencies to housekeeping.
- The ability to assist in putting on bed skirts, turning mattresses, removing or hanging sheers and drapes.
- The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, squatting, walking, climbing stairs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.
What are we looking for?