Housekeeping Manager- Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To manage the Housekeeping staff and operations to ensure cleanliness, safety, and aesthetic appeal of the hotel. The Housekeeping Manager provides support to facilitate the responsibilities of the Director of Housekeeping. Understands and responds to all guest requests in a timely and professional manner. Maintain adequate staffing levels. Provide training and support to housekeeping staff.
- The ability to assist in the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and motivating employees.
- The ability to ensure service and production is provided in the proper manner, and with the usual high standards of Hotel Valley Ho.
- The ability to complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy so that schedules may be adjusted.
- The ability to monitor daily assignments to insure that proper quotas and standards are maintained.
- The ability to establish safe working conditions and practices.
- The ability to participate actively (as required,) in physical inventories of all uniforms, linens (including food and beverage) and supplies.
- The ability to work directly with outside contracted companies when on hotel premises.
- The ability to organize and participate in meetings with all staff on a regular basis.
- The ability to ensure all personnel are exposed to constant refinement, training and development on an on-going basis.
- The ability to update all training material as needed as well as supervise the On-Line Training Program.
- The ability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports and sign-in sheets are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- The ability to oversee the start of housekeeping shifts in the morning and evening.
- The ability to assist in preparing yearly capital and operational budgets for guest supplies, cleaning supplies and equipment and learn how they are conceived, approved and executed.
- The ability to participate in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains to inventories, issue of supplies, labor and energy.
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with all Department and Division Heads in the Hotel at all times.
- The ability to make scheduled tours of the hotel, noting deficiencies and ensuring proper follow-up procedures.
- The ability to participate in a consistent rooms inspection/Quality Control program which is monitored by the Director of Housekeeping. The ability to maintain permanent records of inspections by room number and date, using computer-aided program(s). The ability to maintain records of inspections for employee files.
- The ability to maintain awareness of current industry and community trends and participate in professional organizations, and maintain outside business contacts.
- The ability to monitor and maintain an energy conservation program for the Housekeeping department.
- The ability to become familiar with the Laundry/Valet Department and be able to monitor standards pertaining to guest service, operational efficiency, safety, productivity, quality and personnel.
- The ability to become familiar with the operation of the Uniform Room and monitor the maintenance of standards in the area.
- The ability to work with the hotel and departmental computer systems, especially with regard to how they relate to Housekeeping functions.
- The ability to review all work orders submitted and ensure all orders are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- The ability to assist in periodically reviewing, re-evaluating and revising departmental procedures and job descriptions, supplies, equipment and labor standards, as needed.
- The ability to ensure all security policies and procedures are observed in all departments and areas of responsibilities (e.g., keys, linen room, linen closets, storage closets.)
- The ability to develop and implement creative concepts of Housekeeping to continue to enhance the image of quality that is associated with Hotel Valley Ho.
- The ability to assume all operational responsibilities in the absence of the Director of Housekeeping.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previous experience in housekeeping with supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience in training.
- Able to work varied shifts and on weekends.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.