Housekeeping Supervisor-Hotel Valley Ho
The Housekeeping Floor Supervisor provides support to facilitate the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager. Understands and responds to all guest requests in a timely and professional manner. Maintain adequate staffing levels. Provide training and support to housekeeping staff.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and key procedures.
- The ability to collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work areas and assign room to Housekeepers as needed.
- The ability to train housekeeping employees in order to achieve the standards of cleanliness in guest rooms.
- The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, and, when appropriate, disciplinary action for assigned staff.
- The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
- The ability to inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and check-out rooms, to insure the standards are being achieved by each employee.
- The ability to monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways, stairwells, elevator, service area, and guest room doors, tracks, linen closets and armoires are maintained according to standards.
- The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards established by the Director of Housekeeping and Hotel Valley Ho.
- The ability to coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on inspections.
- The ability to handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
- The ability to maintain the upkeep of all bedspreads, draperies, carpet cleaning, sheers, bed skirts, and furniture refinishing.
- The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
- The ability to make sure floor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect closets to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Knowledge of the tasks performed by the Housekeeping Attendants.
- Familiar with the employee handbook, training manual, and job descriptions of all AM/P.M. Housekeepers and House persons.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, squatting, walking, climbing stairs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.