Housekeeping Supervisor- Starting at $16.00 hr.
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To supervise, direct, assist and assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room Attendants and Housepersons in guest rooms and corridors to maintain Benchmark’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- The ability to follow proper payroll and key procedures.
- The ability to collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work areas and assign room to Housekeepers as needed.
- The ability to train housekeeping employees in order to achieve the standards of cleanliness in guest rooms.
- The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, and, when appropriate, disciplinary action for assigned staff.
- The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
- The ability to inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and check-out rooms, to insure the standards are being achieved by each employee.
- The ability to monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways, stairwells, elevator, service area, and guest room doors, tracks, linen closets and armoires are maintained according to standards.
- The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards established by the Director of Housekeeping and Hotel Valley Ho.
- The ability to coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on inspections.
- The ability to handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
- The ability to maintain the upkeep of all bedspreads, draperies, carpet cleaning, sheers, bed skirts, and furniture refinishing.
- The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
- The ability to make sure floor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect closets to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Knowledge of the tasks performed by the Housekeeping Attendants.
- Familiar with the employee handbook, training manual, and job descriptions of all AM/P.M. Housekeepers and House persons.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.